This is the primary axis mundi electronic for Steen Comer. I'm a writer, a roustabout, a rake, peripheralist, nexialist, and incapable of seriously writing any autobiographical statement.
If I'm lucky, you're here for my writing. Here you go:
- My short story Falling Through was published (on the same day that lockdown started in 2020) at Escape Pod. The wonderful people there produce a podcast of all the fiction they publish, so you can, if you are so inclined, listen to it instead of all of that bothersome reading. And the narrator did quite a good job, in my estimation.
- I've also had a short story published in the Puzzle Box collection, as well as a flash fiction in Open Polyversity Three.
- I often write for the Iron Kingdoms tabletop role-playing game. My rpggeek page is here. Among other things, I've contributed to:
- The Nightmare Empire series
- IRON KINGDOMS RPG: BORDERLANDS AND BEYOND (PDF)
- IRON KINGDOMS RPG: BORDERLANDS SURVIVAL GUIDE (PDF)
- Iron Kingdoms Unleashed: Wild Adventure
- As well as some work for the previous edition of the game (no longer available) and numerous articles in No Quarter magazine.
- I also work as a copy editor, often in technical and academic contexts. If you are interested in translating your technical information into something humans can read, please feel free to drop me a line.
- I have appeared on panels at a number of Science Fiction conventions, including Worldcon and 4th St Fantasy, as well as being a regular speaker and Fellow (and head of A/V and lighting, at least in San Francisco) for ODD SALON. If you would like to have me offer obtuse opinions on obscure topics in your area, let me know.
Well, the network was always social. About which I have rants elsewhere. If you actually want to contact me, email is usually effective. But if you want to look in some silos, you can find me:
My infrequent forays into social media are mostly found here these days.
This, as of press time, is where the action is. I'm experimenting with the use of a networked approach to publication using Obsidian Publish.
I blogged here for a while. Then I realized that I don't understand "blog" as a verb.
I really like micro.blog as a concept. I used it to tell a story, then I finished that story. I may come back for a sequel later. Please note the date it started.
I haven't touched this in ages, but there's some fun stuff in the archives.
Nuggets of wisdom and delight, ~~<140~~ <280 characters. I have largely stopped using this since a megalomaniacal comic book villain who didn't know the difference between having some good ideas and being able to run a company set it on fire, so, circa early 2023. I occasionally still make announcements there, but mostly I just watch it burn.